[postgis-users] Another few questions

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 04:57:07 PDT 2008

On Monday 31 March 2008 12:38:06 Paul Tomblin wrote:

> Leaving aside API changes, a simple mention that when you have a function
> that is defined to take a box3d, it's legitimate to call it with a geometry
> and it will use the bounding box would be a nice start.  Basically, the
> manual appears to be riddled with unwritten assumptions that you can't see
> because you know them all already, but which are daunting to a newcomer.

That is actually a good point - I can't think of anywhere in the manual that
mentions the internal casting from geometries to box3ds :(

As a starting point, you may wish to add a collection of notes on the wiki, or
even better if you could contribute documentation patches based upon your
experiences.

ATB,

Mark.

--