[postgis-users] Line To Path

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Thu May 1 12:47:25 PDT 2008

--- Bob Pawley <rjpawley at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I do have another novice question, if I may.
>
> I have a non-geographical object whose shape is defined by coordinates. These
> coordinates not ony establishe the shape of the object but also the objects
> relative size and its position on the canvas.
>
> Is there a method of using just the shape of the object dynamically resizing
> it and choosing its placement on the canvas?

Hi Bob,

Import it with no projection (SRID = -1) into PostGIS, or check the Proj4 docs
about the syntax to create a custom XY projection, & insert this into your
PostGIS spatial_ref_sys table, then use that, but I don't see that as necessary
as you won't be reprojecting it anyway.

As long as all your features are defined by coordinates which put them in the
right place on your page, relative to each other, that may work well enough for
you.

Cheers,

  Brent Wood