[postgis-users] PostGIS install on postgres 8.3 running on 64bit OpenSuse10.3

Calum Byrom calum.byrom at googlemail.com
Thu May 1 08:27:15 PDT 2008

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get PostGIS working on Postgres 8.3 running on
OpenSuse10.3 on 64bit hardware?

I've gone through the install instructions described at:

http://liangzou.blogspot.com/2008/02/setting-up-postgresql-with-postgis-on.html

and everything works ok until I get to the point of running:

psql -d dgvbr -f lwpostgis.sql

- this then throws up the error:

BEGIN
psql:/home/cbyrom/postgis-1.3.3/lwpostgis.sql:44: NOTICE:  type
"histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:/home/cbyrom/postgis-1.3.3/lwpostgis.sql:44: ERROR:  incompatible
library "/usr/lib64/postgresql/liblwgeom.so": versi
on mismatch
DETAIL:  Server is version 8.3, library is version 8.2.

I've downloaded and installed the latest versions of the required software:

postgresql-8.3.1
proj-4.6.0
geos-3.0.0
postgis-1.3.3

- I've also retried with postgresql 8.2 - just to check - and this works ok
with the above script.  Unfortunately, I need the tsvector functionality
that is provided by postgres 8.3.

I can't see where this mismatch is coming in since it appears from other
distros that postgis should be ok on postgres 8.3.

Anyone have an idea what might be going on here?

Many thanks,

Calum