[postgis-users] Hibernate Spatial Postgis 3D

Karel Maesen karel at geovise.com
Thu May 8 23:47:28 PDT 2008

Hi Max,

On 09 May 2008, at 07:38, Max wrote:
> thank you Karel, thank you Drew, i figured out my problem, int the
> hmb.xml-File i used the following entry:
>
>         <property name="theGeom"
> type="org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType">
>             <column name="the_geom" />
>         </property>
>
> actually it should be:
>
>         <property name="theGeom"
> type="org.hibernatespatial.postgis.PGGeometryUserType">
>             <column name="the_geom" />
>         </property>
>
> After changing the entry i can access the z-Coordinate in Drews way.

Actually the first mapping should work just fine and is the way
Spatial Hibernate is supposed to be used. I tested the code with the
first mapping and it just worked.

If you needed to use the second mapping to get it to work, then you
probably have some configuration problems  like an interfering
Hibernate Spatial provider for mysql or Oracle also in the classpath.

Regards,

Karel