[postgis-users] I'm missing something

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed May 21 00:38:46 PDT 2008

Bob,

You make it sound like you have to perform major surgery.

Which OS are you running?

 It should be a fairly straightforward upgrade

1)  Replacing the lib/liblwgeom.dll or .so file with the good one  and share\contrib\postgis\lwpostgis_upgrade.sql and share\contrib\lwpostgis.sql files with the new ones
2) then running the share\contrib\postgislwpostgis_upgrade.sql against your database

If you are installing with an install package (most do step 1 for you) so you just need to do step 2.

The important thing is (YOU DO NOT NEED TO RELOAD YOUR DB) for this simple change and should take about 5 - 10 minutes.  This change doesn't affect how data is stored, adds a few functions, and fixes the external c functions of existing ones)

Hope that helps,
Regina