[postgis-users] PostgreSQL/PostGIS and ArcGIS Server 9.3

Rob Tester robtester at gmail.com
Fri May 23 10:52:46 PDT 2008

My understanding of the storage schemas available is that the data can be
stored in the native PostGIS format, I said WKB because we are all familiar
with that representation of the data from PostGIS. It can also (by default)
be stored as "SDE native in Postgres".

I am also working closely with another commercial company that is rebuilding
their existing mapping engine and they keep everything in WKB internally,
and yes they have support for PostGIS (no SDE required), but their product
is still in alpha testing.