[postgis-users] srid

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Mon May 26 18:33:57 PDT 2008

That is what I am attempting.

I know of Visio. My thought of using Postgis is to, if possible, use the
functions that Postgis provides. In the very long range I was also
considering the 3D aspect of Postgis.

Your suggestion of using "boxes", presumably to provide reference points is
my backup method, if ST_Transform isn't applicable.

I would still like to consider ST_Transform as it appears to be a more
flexible approach.

Bob