[postgis-users] migrating from linux to windows

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Nov 6 22:37:02 PST 2008

Willy,

Hmm good question.  I suppose we should put that in the manual.

I think in old versions of PostGIS, the .so, .dll was hard-coded.  Is that
the problem you are running into?

I haven't tried this with old versions recently (or at least can't remember
off-hand), but I think I've been successful just creating a new database
from scratch, loading the latest postgis functions in it and then restoring
on top of that
with no .pl or anything.  Then running probe_geometry_columns to restore
geometry_columns.

It leaves some junk but as I remember I think that worked for me and I think
the dump just then throws some errors because it can't restore the hardcoded
functions but manages to load the data since the dependency functions
already exist in the database.

Anyrate it sounds like that's the path you are leading down though mine is
admittedly more lazy and sloppy.

Hope that helps,
Regina

  _____