[postgis-users] Coordinates transform

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Nov 11 07:09:29 PST 2008

Yes.  Use ST_Transform.

Basic approach is
1) bring your data in with right SRID
2) Use AddGeometrycolumn to add a new column
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/AddGeometryColumn.html to add a new column with new srid you want to use

3) Update the new column with
UPDATE new_column SET new_column = ST_Trasform(old_column, old_srid, new_srid);

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ST_Transform.html

4)Drop the old column with DropGeometryColumn
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/DropGeometryColumn.html