[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.3.4 RC3 released

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Fri Nov 14 04:19:23 PST 2008

> Kevin Neufeld wrote:
> > Hmmm.  No, rerunning autogen didn't solve it.  I thought maybe it
was a
> > Fedora Core 3 issue, but if it works on the rackmount (which is also

> > FC3), then I don't know.  My server setup must be amiss.
> >
> > -- Kevin

> AFAIK the only part of the build system that has changed in RC3 is the

> introduction of "sed" within Makefile.config rather than "cut", and
this
> should only affect the extraction of the PostgreSQL version. I think a

> good test is whether 1.3.3 suffers from the same problem on the same
server.

> ATB,

> Mark.

You can also try the 1.3.4RC2 right.  Didn't we introduce the sed thing
in RC3?

FWIW
I've run on OpenSUSE 10.3 8.2.6 and OpenSUSE 11 8.3 (kml check still
fails here as expected but oh well) installs and didn't run into any
problems with the RC3
though both of those had SVN on them before hand and I didn't need to
add the additional parameters for the pg_config location since mine
defaults to the right location.  I have an 8.3 install on the 10.3 so
maybe I'll try to upgrade the 10.3 and specify the pg_config for that to
see if I end up with any oddities.

And my configure output from 10.3 looks like this

   PGSQL: /usr/bin/pg_config
    GEOS: /usr/local/bin/geos-config (with C-API)
          (ldflags: -L/usr/local/lib)
    PROJ: prefix=/usr/local libdir=/usr/local/lib
   ICONV: 1

 PORTNAME: linux
   PREFIX: /usr
  EPREFIX: ${prefix}
      DOC: /usr/share/doc/packages/postgresql/contrib
     DATA: ${datarootdir}
      MAN: ${datarootdir}/man
      BIN: /usr/bin
      EXT: /usr/lib/postgresql (\$$libdir)

I'm puzzled how Kevin got --prefix as the value for his PREFIX setting
and for his  --prefix/doc/postgresql/contrib for his DOC setting.  How
does --prefix get in there?  Is that normal?

Regina