[postgis-users] ST_AsKML changes in 1.3.3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 08:11:30 PST 2008

Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> Thanks for the tips Mark. The funny thing about this specific problem
> is that it occurred with a fresh install from the PostGIS website. I
> was only able to 'discover' _STAsKML() but grepping through
> lwpostgis.sql
>
> Ideas?
>
> Dylan

Aha. A quick look at lwpostgis.sql.in shows that ST_AsKML() requires
PROJ.4 in order to run. So it sounds as if configure didn't find it for
some reason, either because it wasn't installed or your --with-proj
argument was wrong.

I think the minor bug here though is that _ST_AsKML() isn't included as
part of the #ifdef section which is why only this function is visible.
I'll go and fix this in 1.3 branch (trunk requires PROJ.4) - I wonder if
it's worth a note in the 1.3 documentation that ST_AsKML() requires
PROJ.4 support - Regina?

HTH,

Mark.

--