[postgis-users] Re: postgis-users Digest, Vol 73, Issue 21

John Zhang johnzhang06 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 12:17:06 PST 2008

Hi Eric,

First of all, I would like to express thanks to all the responders. Due to
our own user base of ArcGIS, it would be not easy change ArcGIS as the
client to others, such as uDig, Manifold. So the middle man between ArcGIS
and PostGIS is important for decision makers.  We can not afford to buy SDE
for the small business to connect  ArcGIS to PosGIS.

I also read something about zigGIS which claims to be PostGIS extension to
ArgGIS. I have not had time trying it out yet. If you buy the license and
try it out, I believe the community would appreciate a lot if you, Eric,
share your experience with us. If zigGIS works fine as an extension to
ArcGIS, that would be great to the large ArcGIS user base.

Could anyone with zigGIS experience share your experience?

Thanks
John