[postgis-users] lo Large Object and PGRaster

John Zhang johnzhang06 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 12:42:35 PST 2008

Hi there,

I have installed PostgreSQL 8.4 on Windows XP with the Stack Builder to
install postGIS. It seems that lo type does not come by default
installation. I have googled lo installation on Windows without luck. Mostly
the published topics on lo is for the installation on Linux. As on Windows,
there is no such a folder under Share/contrib/lo. Could anyone point me to
the right direction?

I also noticed PGRaster could function as Oracle GeoRaster does. However , I
have no idea how to use it to store and manage our air photos (scanned and
georeferenced ortho). Does anyone have experience on PGRaster? How can I
install the extension?

Thanks a lot
John