[postgis-users] Get concave hull from an array of longitude inlatitude points

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Mon Nov 24 11:37:19 PST 2008

Yeah, I saw that too.  Unfortunately the algorithm is only available by
email, and is implemented in Mathematica.   It also sounds somewhat
complex.

But I guess this sort of answers my question - there are algorithms
which people have called "concave hull", and they produce concave
polygons from sets of points in some kind of way.  I don't think there's
any consensus on what algorithm to use, though.

One interesting approach is here:
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Create_concave_hull

In any case, obviously this isn't in PostGIS right now.