[postgis-users] simplify a linestring to n points

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Nov 25 05:57:29 PST 2008

So would it work for you if you broke the linestrings into multiple
records such that each linestring in the record has at most 5000 points.
That's I think an easier task.  Well at least I can think of how to do
that anyrate.

So your tradeoff would be something like

5 records each with 20,000 points

20 records each with 5,000 points