[postgis-users] geom null

Chris Hermansen chris.hermansen at timberline.ca
Fri Nov 28 09:18:46 PST 2008

Then if you can't add to a null geometry, you will probably be forced to
digitize your places into another table and join the two after the data
entry phase.

Which means you will need identifiers on the geometry sub table that can
be linked 1-1 with identifiers on the attribute sub table.

You can use a correlated subquery to find rows in the geometry sub table
that do not connect with the attribute sub table.