[postgis-users] re: lwpostgis.sql and liblwgeom.so

ROBERT HOLLINGSWORTH reh2 at prodigy.net
Thu Oct 2 12:05:31 PDT 2008

to answer my own question (and with some advice from Chris at Refractions, thanks):

I was getting errors in loading lwpostgis.sql re: liblwgeom.so

altho I'd built and installed geos 3, I think I'd also earlier installed a 2.x version using "yum install"

so I did a yum remove geos.i386,

and redid ./configure and make and make install for the geos 3,
 and referenced the correct lib dir for the geos libs in /etc/ld.so.conf,
and ran ldconfig,
redid ./configure, make, make install for postgis (actually threw in a make clean too before make),
and ran the psql -f lwpostgis.sql

and it ran without error, so now I can create tables with geometry.

this may help down the road next time someone runs lwpostgis.sql and it barfs over liblwgeom.so

Robert H.