[postgis-users] transform - update lakesetthe_geom=transform(the_geom, 26971)

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Fri Oct 10 08:32:55 PDT 2008

CYW,
Try OpenJump.  Its much easier for doing ad-hoc spatial queries than
Quantum when you need to see the geometry.

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/72-OpenJump-fo
r-PostGIS-Spatial-Ad-Hoc-Queries.html

Quantum is nice too, but my experience is that its not as good for
Ad-Hoc Queries - but nice when you want to pick a table and so forth
from PostGIS
and its easier to explain to users scared of SQL.  You don't seem to
have that timidity :)

Hope that helps,
Regina