[postgis-users] comparison of nearest neighbour solutions ( st_dwithin() vs pgis_fn_nn() ) ?

Smith Roman autisi at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 02:19:19 PDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the links to the postgis wiki on nearest neighbour. I have postgis 1.3.3 so the use of the st_dwithin() function will work fine for me because its very simple to use. But i have one more question.

 Whats the difference between the use of the st_dwithin() function and the pgis_fn_nn() function ? I obtained pgis_fn_nn()  from the boston GIS site -http://www.bostongis.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?content_name=postgis_nearest_neighbor_generic

Is one more accurate than the other ?

Thanks,

Smith.