[postgis-users] lwpostgis.sql incompatible libary liblwgeom.so

Jan Paul Imhoff imhoffj at cs.uni-bonn.de
Fri Oct 17 06:44:31 PDT 2008

Hi List,
I am currently installing postgis on osx. Currently this is done via
macports in the way described here: http://www.lincolnritter.com/blog/2007/12/04/installing-postgresql-postgis-and-more-on-os-x-leopard/

Installing Postgres and PostGIS works fine for me but when it comes to
the part creating the PostGIS template, I get the following error:

template_postgis=# \i /opt/local/share/postgis/lwpostgis.sql;

BEGIN
psql:/opt/local/share/postgis/lwpostgis.sql:53: NOTICE:  type
"histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:/opt/local/share/postgis/lwpostgis.sql:53: ERROR:  incompatible
library "/opt/local/lib/postgresql83/liblwgeom.so": missing magic block
HINT:  Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC
macro.
psql:/opt/local/share/postgis/lwpostgis.sql:59: ERROR:  current
transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction
block ...

Here are my installed versions:
Postgres: 8.3.4
Postgis: 1.3.3