[postgis-users] Help in query PostGIS

Chris Hermansen chris.hermansen at timberline.ca
Thu Oct 23 11:24:48 PDT 2008

Hi Regina;

What caught my eye was two phrases: "in una lingua diversa" and "per
oratori italiani".  If you were using a translator I would guess that
"another language" would have been a better choice than "a different
language".  Also, AFAIK un oratore in Italian carries the same sense as
orator does in English.  Yes orator is kind of synonomous with
speaker... but...

I like your idea of conducting PostGIS list business in another language
for a week though - as long as you pick French or Spanish... :-x

("sorry" for the increasingly off-the-topic conversation)

Obe, Regina wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I'm curious so how does it translate to English?  Passing Manuela's italian into google translator produced understandable but interestingly phrased English.
>
> I always presumed non-English users must be using some translation tool, since their statements seem interestingly phrased, but then again I guess if I had a decent understanding of another language I may say some interestingly phrased things in that language too.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

>>> Tel. +39 11 316 5836 - Fax:      +39 11 316 8740