[postgis-users] Live PostGIS Edit tool?

Sufficool, Stanley ssufficool at rov.sbcounty.gov
Fri Oct 31 09:58:38 PDT 2008

So far all the tools I have worked with (OpenJUMP, uDIG) use a check
out, check in process on PostGIS to update geometries. This is
impractical and sometimes impossible with these tools when dealing with
hundreds of thousands of records to re-write the entire table to update
one linestring/polygon.

What I am looking for is a live editor that will post the changes to
only the geometry row I am working with instead of caching the changes.
I can record the versions of this data for UNDO at the database with
triggers, so the check-in/check out is irrelevant at the client since I
can roll back any user changes to any point in time at the db layer.

Anyone know of such a tool or am I going to have to roll my own?

Stanley Sufficool
Systems Analyst
San Bernardino County
909-387-2102

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail or its
attachment(s)