[postgis-users] Generating PNGs from PostGIS

Dylan Lorimer edylan at google.com
Fri Sep 5 12:11:33 PDT 2008

Thanks everyone for the awesome suggestions! Given that I need this to be
command line driven, Mapnik looks to be the best option. Though the fact
that QGIS builds the .map files is tempting as well. In any event, thanks
again for the suggestions. I'll report back on how successful I am with
Mapnik.

On other thought: what about throwing a WMS on top of PostGIS and then
programmatically requesting the data I need via WMS URL request? You can
pass a SQL query in part of the request using the OGC FILTER syntax, right?

-dylan