[postgis-users] postgis install problems

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri Sep 5 14:52:08 PDT 2008

Hi James,

You don't say whether you successfully installed plpgsql:

createlang plpgsql dbm_test

But I don't think failing to do this will cause the error you are reporting.

It looks like it is not picking up the postgis libraries.

Can you check that /opt/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/postgresql/liblwgeom.so
exists, & if not, then where liblwgeom.so is on your system?

Move it to (or create a link to it at) that location if it is somewhere
else & try again.

You can also use ldconfig (as root) to add the directory with the PostGIS library in it to the library (dynamic linker) search path, and add the PostGIS lib directory to /etc/ld.so.conf

HTH,

  Brent Wood