[postgis-users] postgis install problems

Dowling, James Parker jdowling at iupui.edu
Sat Sep 6 12:56:31 PDT 2008

Brent,

Thank you for your response.

I generated the database using a template containing plpgsql.  When I attempt to run the createlang statement, I receive an error stating that it already exists, so I think I'm good there.

/opt/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/postgresql/liblwgeom.so does exist as a link (as well as liblwgeom.so.1) pointing to file liblwgeom.so.1.3 in the same directory.  The file and links are owned by root.  Permissions on the link are open to the world and are executable by postgres.  They all had the timestamp of the postgis install.

I ran /sbin/ldconfig -v after adding the lib path to /etc/ld.so.conf.  I did noticed that liblwgeom.so.1 appeared in the verbose output, while liblwgeom.so did not, though its timestamp was updated.

Still no joy. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Jim