[postgis-users] postgis install problems

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 06:57:35 PDT 2008

Dowling, James Parker wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I've found the SVN Trunk and will try that.  Where do you find PROJ 4.4.9 ?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Hi Jim,

Sorry if I wasn't so clear - what I meant is that SVN trunk is able to
detect the version of PROJ being used, and will error out with a
suitable message if the version you are using is too old. Compiling a
newer version of PROJ (I'd grab the latest stable) and then re-building
PostGIS 1.3.3 should be enough to resolve this.

PROJ can be found at: http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/.

HTH,

Mark.

--