[postgis-users] Points inside polygon...

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Mon Sep 8 18:12:22 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 16:41 -0500, davyd wrote:
> Hi List,
>

> I need to evaluate if a point is inside of a polygon,

use ST_Within(pt_geom, polygon_geom)

>  but my data are very records...

Not at all sure what you mean by this.  Are you saying your points or
polygons or both are not stored as postgis geometries?  If not, how are
they stored?

Regards,
Tim Bowden

> How can I evaluate if a point is inside of all my records..
> I need to construct a box with all may records??
>

> Thanks...!!
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.