[postgis-users] PostGIS/PostgreSQL - error in creating table

strk strk at keybit.net
Sat Apr 4 03:32:17 PDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 01:58:30AM -0700, supunmali wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using PostGIS 1.3.5 and postgreSQL 8.3.5. When I tried to use the
> template 'template_postgis' or 'postgis' (created when postGIS is installed)
> in creating a new database, i get an error as "Error: source database is
> being accessed by other users".
> But it cannot be used by any other user or by the only available user as I
> have just installed the postgreSQL and i have only initially created 3
> databases (No other databases were created by me).
> I tried installing and uninstalling over and over again (even w/o creating
> postgis database).
>
> Please provide me with a solution ASAP as I need to use the functions in the
> template urgently.

I'd skip the template fi in rush, unless you need something
*in addition* to postgis functionality.

For postgis functionality you should have a postgis.sql
file installed together with the extension. See if you can find that
and source it directly in the database you want "spatially-enabled".

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!