[postgis-users] Version mismatch

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Aug 14 02:04:17 PDT 2009

Pena Kupen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm runnig postgres 8.4.0 on centos 5
> and postgis installed from latest fgs package.
> It seems that fgs libraries are old one's.
> I got error below, when try to rung psql -d mydatabase -f lwpostgis.sql
> BEGIN
> psql:lwpostgis.sql:44: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
> DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
> psql:lwpostgis.sql:44: ERROR:  incompatible library
> "/opt/fgs/lib/liblwgeomso": version mismatch
> DETAIL:  Server is version 8.4, library is version 8.3.
>
> Is there anything I can do, but downgrade to postgres 8.3?

PostgreSQL is complaining that the binary module is compiled for
PostgreSQL 8.3, whereas your server version is PostgreSQL 8.4.

You need to either find PostGIS packages for PostgreSQL 8.4, or build it
yourself from source - the 1.4 manual has a really helpful section on this.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk