[postgis-users] install problems Postgis 1.4.0 with Postgres 8.4.0 on Mac OS X 10.5

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:25:37 PDT 2009

I did a pretty plain vanilla Postgres 8.4.0 and Postgis 1.4.0
installation on my Macbook, but am getting the following error when
trying to build my first db

Lucknow:~ postgres$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -d punkish -f
/usr/local/pgsql/share/lwpostgis.sql
BEGIN
psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/lwpostgis.sql:44: NOTICE:  type
"histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/lwpostgis.sql:44: ERROR:  incompatible
library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so": version mismatch
DETAIL:  Server is version 8.4, library is version 8.3.
psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/lwpostgis.sql:50: ERROR:  current
transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction
block

How did I end up with a mismatch between the server and the
liblwgeom.so lib? And, most importantly, what do I do to correct this?

Many thanks in advance,

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org