[postgis-users] Postgis 1.4: shp2pgsql identifying point shapefile as multipolygon

Matt Foster Matthew.Foster at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 21 08:48:54 PDT 2009

I have a point shapefile, which shp2pgsql from Postgis 1.3 handled
correctly.  I'm migrating to Postgis 1.4 on a new server (RHEL 5
x86_64), and on the new server shp2pgsql is identifying the same
shapefile as being multipolygon.

Did something change with the loader between 1.3 and 1.4?  Is there some
nuance of using 64-bit that, perhaps, I'm not aware of?

Matt

--
Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson