[postgis-users] postgis-users Digest, Vol 84, Issue 26

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Thu Aug 27 13:21:36 PDT 2009

And do you see similar memory usage when you don't use a geometry data type?

ie.
in thread 1:
insert into tmp (id, mytextfield) values (1,
'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz');

in thread 2 (to simulate your non-indexed long running query):
select count(*) from tmp where mytextfield like '%hijkl%';

-- Kevin