[postgis-users] Cannot install 1.4.0 as non-root user

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Tue Dec 1 22:49:25 PST 2009

Hi Reid,

I'm running Centos 5 and installing as non-root works fine for me.  My
steps are, as non-root:
- install postgres, geos, and proj in my home directory.
- update LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the lib directories of each.
- configure PostGIS, using --with-pgconfig, --with-geosconfig, --with-prodir
- make and install PostGIS (which now only installs to the contrib
directory in the postgres installation)

Cheers,
Kevin