[postgis-users] Reverse X and Y coordinates?

Anthony McClure anthony.mcclure at universalmind.com
Fri Dec 18 09:52:48 PST 2009

Good day,

I have a problem that I cannot find a solution to.  I have the X and Y
coordinates reversed in the geometries within my database.  I need the X's
to become Y's and the Y's to become X's.  The geometries are all polygons or
multi-polygons.  Is there anything within PostGIS I can execute SQL wise to
do this?

The only other thing I can think of is to write code to go through all of
the points and reverse them manually which obviously I am hoping to avoid.

Thanks for the help,
Anthony

This email, and any attachments thereto, is intended
only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this email, and any attachments thereto,
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately and permanently delete the
original and any copy of any email and any printout
thereof.