[postgis-users] ERROR: array value must start with "{" or dimension information

Ben Tuttle funktacular at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 19:06:07 PST 2009

I am trying to test my postgres/postgis install and I am running into
a problem with a simple point table.
I am using PostgreSQL 8.3.5 on Ubuntu 8.1
I created this table:
create table points (pt geometry, name varchar);

Then I try this insert statement:
insert into points values ('POINT(0 0)', 'Origin');

I get the following error and I don't know why. I have never seen it
when trying this in the past:
ERROR:  array value must start with "{" or dimension information

Cheers,
Ben