[postgis-users] Updating PostGIS views from Geoserver

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Feb 17 23:30:35 PST 2009

Hi Regina,

I am pretty sure it is a restriction by Geoserver, but I am not a
Geoserver user, so I may be wrong. I am using updateable  views  with
Postgis and QGIS and it works fine, as long as it finds a primary key
(integer and unique). Did you make sure that you have a "primary key" in
your view?

It may be that Geoserver:

- is not accepting views for inserts/updates/deletes at all
- is not seeing/accepting the rules
- does not find a primary key but requires one

I know other software that is not accepting views for updates/inserts
although the rules are present (e.g. pgadmin3)

Updateable views are very cool - I also use them to distribute to
different tables and for historization purposes.

Andreas