[postgis-users] Merging Contour tables in PostGIS

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Feb 19 00:10:27 PST 2009

Max,
It looks like when you created your table you created ELEVATION as
"ELEVATION".   Better to not use quotes when defining fields since
PostgreSQL will take the column name literally rather than forcing to
lowercase.

Which means you have to refer to it as

a."ELEVATION"

If you don't quote your columns during creation you can then refer to them
as

A.ELEVATION, a.elevation, a.Elevation etc. (in those cases it assumes the
field is lowercase and stores it as lowercase)

Leo