[postgis-users] troubles installing PostGIS

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 02:59:20 PST 2009

Dave Page wrote:

> Hi Mark,

Hi Dave,

> 8.3.6 and later use new gettext libraries, based on patches from some
> of the Japanese PostgreSQL community guys which fix (in combination
> with changes in PostgreSQL) a couple of bugs. The new DLLs are
> libiconv-2.dll and libintl-8.dll, replacing the old libiconv2.dll and
> libintl3.dll.
>
> The naming differences are an annoyance, the origin of which I do not know.

I remember checking this at the time, and as far as I could tell, it was
because this was the filename used by the gnuwin32 builds. Why they
couldn't stick with the standard names generated by autoconf/libtool I
do not know...

I guess the easiest fix is to teach the installer that if libiconv-2.dll
exists, we leave it alone.

> I expect this email to be bounced by the strict policy on the PostGIS
> lists - feel free to forward it!!

Consider it done :)  I have a feeling your last message didn't make it
through either - anyone at Refractions know who the list moderator is?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk