[postgis-users] electronic GIS data scale

erik whatevar89 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 06:47:47 PST 2009

Thanks for you replies.

Yep, the problem is here that we do perform area calculations on these
polygons, so their precision does have a significant impact.
Unfortunately I don't know how to set a criterion of quality for these
features that our data providers could respect. Maybe indeed accuracy in
meters is feasible. Then arises the issue on what margin could be considered
acceptable.