[postgis-users] electronic GIS data scale

MarkW mark.wimer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 06:26:29 PST 2009

It might be helpful to think about intended uses of your data. You mention
different digitization methods - if you're concerned that these will impact
data use, then the methods could go in the metadata or somehow be encoded
with the data. If you digitized pond boundaries from aerial photos versus
satellite images, these are different scales - I don't know how you come up
with a precision for that (but the resolution would factor in), but I would
think knowing the digitization method would be helpful - i.e. in deciding
not to do areal calculations below a certain size, etc etc.

Mark