[postgis-users] The Old Who is using PostGIS survey again?

Nahum Castro pedro1_72 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 09:02:44 PST 2009

--- Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> escribió:

> Leo and I have a good portion of a PostGIS book
> written.  Ideally we would
> like to get a publisher to publish it, but seem to
> be running into the same
> obstacles.  No publisher seems to think people use
> PostGIS to warrant enough
> demand for a book dedicated to it.
>
> So to make a decent case for a book, can each of you
> in your own words
> describe
>
> 1) How you use PostGIS?
* I use with mapserver an  pmapper to publish data and
web services WFS and WMS.
* Also use for data analisis.
> 2) What you find useful about it over anything else?
* It is easy to use compared with propietary tools.
> 3) Why you think there should be any book written
> focused on its use and of
> course if such a thing were to exist, would you buy
> it?
* This book must describe internals of postgis
programming, so others can hack it.
* Explain how to use an under which cirncunstances.
* How to administer in Windows (altought I use on
Linux).
* Perhaps this book need to be selled with a
postgresql book adminstration so it can focus on the
geometry operations and applications.

Thanks.
Nahum

--