[postgis-users] The Old Who is using PostGIS survey again?
pedro1_72 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 09:02:44 PST 2009
--- Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> escribió:
> Leo and I have a good portion of a PostGIS book
> written. Ideally we would
> like to get a publisher to publish it, but seem to
> be running into the same
> obstacles. No publisher seems to think people use
> PostGIS to warrant enough
> demand for a book dedicated to it.
> So to make a decent case for a book, can each of you
> in your own words
> 1) How you use PostGIS?
* I use with mapserver an pmapper to publish data and
web services WFS and WMS.
* Also use for data analisis.
> 2) What you find useful about it over anything else?
* It is easy to use compared with propietary tools.
> 3) Why you think there should be any book written
> focused on its use and of
> course if such a thing were to exist, would you buy
* This book must describe internals of postgis
programming, so others can hack it.
* Explain how to use an under which cirncunstances.
* How to administer in Windows (altought I use on
* Perhaps this book need to be selled with a
postgresql book adminstration so it can focus on the
geometry operations and applications.
Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico
e-mail: pedro1_72 [en] yahoo [punto] com
¡Felices Fiestas! Enviale una tarjeta electronica gratis a tu familia y amigos y deseales felices fiestas. http://yahoomorado.com.mx/tarjetas/
More information about the postgis-users