[postgis-users] Define spatial reference system for local datum

tommy408 tommytomorow at msn.com
Wed Jul 1 13:36:44 PDT 2009

A lot of these tools that connect to postigs db requires a srid.  I was
trying out Udig.  I don't need to use these tools.  I can just work with
shapefile and import it to postgis.

But what I'm worry about is if I use a defined srid like EPSG:4326 and my
personal map coordinates will mess up because of the projection.  The world
I'm mapping is flat and endless, it doesn't wrap around like earth map.