[postgis-users] How to get the nearest point for a given point from a geometry of multilinestring

Thilani Imalka thilanii at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 05:38:24 PDT 2009

We used ST_Intersection function to get the cross point when roads are
crossing each other. So with the output of this function we have the
crossing point and now we need to get adjacent points to that crossing
point from the road (where the road is a geometry of
multilinestring).Is there any post GIS function to get those adjacent
points or any combination of functions to get the correct output
Basically we need to get the nearest point for a given point from a
geometry of multilinestring.