[postgis-users] Problem finding the center of an irregular polygon

Mikhil Masli mikhilm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 10:31:19 PDT 2009

Hi:

I am trying to find the center of an irregularly shaped polygon (this might
even be concave). The use case is to label an arbitrarily shaped polygon in
the middle. I have tried centroid, but the centroid need not be in the
visual middle or it may even end up outside the polygon.

If you guys have any ideas/solutions or can point me to any places which can
be a source for ideas/solutions, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Mikhil

--
Go Gophers!