[postgis-users] Transportation representation of a postgis linear layer

ahmed at elegantdesigns.ca ahmed at elegantdesigns.ca
Thu Jul 30 11:53:41 PDT 2009

Hey List,

I have a road centerline layer for a local municipality, I was wondering:

* how can I conver the intersections similar to what's found on
ftp://ftp.cits.rncan.gc.ca/pub/information/NRN_V2/Geobase_Best_Practices_NRN.pdf
page 11 and 12 section 3.2.3?

* What are some of the ways I can represent road directionality?

* How can I represent center-turning lanes (usually a lane between lanes
where people can turn left)

* what are some of the ways to represent a non-interchange
overpass/underpass?

cheers,
dassouki