RE [postgis-users] How to create a custom SRID record and proj4 text in postGIS provided I have my custom Proj4js.def

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Fri Jun 5 09:31:37 PDT 2009

Stephane at this site you have some examples of Stereographic projection
http://spatialreference.org/ref/?search=stereographic

If you click on an EPSG code, you'll get the link for an INSERT statement
in postgis and the string for proj4. Here is an example
INSERT into spatial_ref_sys (srid, auth_name, auth_srid, proj4text,
srtext) values ( 93411, 'epsg', 3411, '+proj=stere +lat_0=90 +lat_ts=70
+lon_0=-45 +k=1 +x_

If you're projection doesn't already have a epsg code you can modify these
statement
Steve

Steve Toutant, M. Sc.
Analyste en géomatique
Secteur environnement
Direction des risques biologiques, environnementaux et occupationnels
Institut national de santé publique du Québec
945, avenue Wolfe
Québec, Qc G1V 5B3
Tél.: (418) 650-5115 #5281
Fax.: (418) 654-3144
steve.toutant at inspq.qc.ca
http://www.inspq.qc.ca

<stephane.poirier at usherbrooke.ca>@postgis.refractions.net
Envoyé par : postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
05/06/2009 11:47 AM
Veuillez répondre à
PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>

<postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>
cc

Objet
[postgis-users] How to create a custom SRID record and proj4 text       in
postGIS provided I have my custom Proj4js.def

Hi All,

I just installed postgreSQL/postGIS. How to properly create a custom SRID
record and proj4 text in postGIS?
Provided I have my custom Proj4js.def (stereographic polar used for
visualizing north america in my project)
described as follow:

Proj4js.defs["EPSG:myown"] = "+proj=stere +lat_0=90 +lat_ts=60 +lon_0=-97
+k=1 +x_0=3450000 +y_0=7450000 +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +units=m"
Regards,

Stéphane
Stephane Poirier, M.Sc. Optics Physics
Remote Sensing Research Professional