[postgis-users] Who is still using PostgreSQL 8.1?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Jun 6 12:05:31 PDT 2009

The PostGIS Steering Committee is thinking of dropping support for
PostgreSQL 8.1 for our upcoming 1.4 release

1.3+ will still support 8.1 (for Linux), 8.2+ for windows

1.4+ will require 8.2+ for all OS

This will allow us to use new features in 8.2 not present in 8.1 for Upgrade
as well as simplifying our testing by eliminating one more version from our
test concerns.

Before we do that we wanted to get a sense of how many people we would be
putting at a disadvantage.

If you are still using 8.1 please respond and also let us know if you plan
to upgrade to PostGIS 1.4 without upgrading your PostgreSQL version.

Others can respond too with the version they are using so we have a sense of
percentages for futrue versions.

Thanks,
PostGIS Steering Committee

(Mark,Paul,Kevin,Regina)