[postgis-users] Query

Jaime Mejia jomejia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 16:24:35 PDT 2009

if you have the coordinates x, y of location and a table with the location (
"puntos_venta") of the outlets, you can find the closest consultation with
the following:

SELECT id, nombre FROM puntos_venta ORDER BY
distance(the_geom,GeomFromText('POINT(x y)',-1)) ASC LIMIT 1

Cordial Saludo,

Jaime Mejía