[postgis-users] Points and Polygons table

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jun 25 13:53:34 PDT 2009

Its preferable to store them in a different table.  It really depends what
you are planning to do with these.  I would suggest though that since you
are new to PostGIS it would be best to stick with the standard conventions
of different geometry types/srids in different tables.  You can mix them
together, but there are caveats involved if you want to ever display these
in Desktop apps or using web mapping servers/feature servers if you go down
that road.

Leo