[postgis-users] St_boundary and illegal argument exception

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:02:52 PDT 2009

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to build a function that will transforma one polygon into many
lines. I have a lot table, and i would like to insert each line from each
lot in a table, containing the id of the lot.

I've tried: SELECT gid, St_boundary(the_geom) INTO lines from lots and
postgis gave me an error:

*NOTICE:  IllegalArgumentException: Number of points must be 0 or >3
ERROR:  POSTGIS2GEOS conversion failed

********** Erro **********

ERROR: POSTGIS2GEOS conversion failed
SQL state: XX000*

I'm wondering if that is the right approach? I'm not even sure if boundary
is what i am looking for. Can anyone help me? Why postgis gave me this
error?

Thanks in advanced.

George

--